Friday, April 11, 2008

The Time Has Come


Because I have not had a job since early January and have been paying rent for the past 8 months and also tuition, I have not been able to spend any money. On anything. The list is as follows.

I can't afford:
§ Starbucks
§ meals out
§ clothes
§ movies
§ shampoo
§ haircuts
§ books
§ magazines
§ meat
§ cheese
§ new headphones
§ new running shoes
§ tattoos
§ bus tickets
§ getting my bike fixed
§ cell phone bill
§ plane tickets
§ debts
§ furniture for my new room
§ cable, phone or internet bill
§ concert tickets
§ alcohol or other substances
§ developing pictures
§ yoga class

I CAN afford:
§ fruit, yogurt, cereal, veggies, pasta, milk
§ bulk food provisions (dried fruit, nuts, coffee)
§ small quantities of coffee
§ scones
§ free stuff (often given to me by friends or loved ones)

All in all, you can see that I have been living frugally since January. I have dreams about shopping for things like shampoo or large quantities of books, and cannot wait until I can get more money from the government and live like a queen.

And by queen, I mean being able to afford a nice cut of chicken.

No comments: