Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rings In My Heart Like A Bell


While walking the early autumn streets of this quiet day, I wandered and pondered the lives of others and my continuing love affair with this city. There are streets to the west of here that are beginning to colour with leaves, tall houses, windows, and mysterious gardens. Sometimes I gaze with shock, as these houses seem to belong somewhere else in another time. I wonder if I'll be able to part with this city, if I really want this autumn to be my last here, and if I'll ever get it all to myself. My life here is still, as always, poignant and nostalgic and endless. I like the quiet stillness of my bedroom at twilight, my kitchen warm with coffee, my busy street and hidden mysteries. I relish the continuation of close friendships, glasses of wine by the water, rainy nights.

What good's a mirror without a face?

No comments: