Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Back Alleys in Quiet Cities


Working in a mall in a money-obsessed city around Christmas gives me uncountable moments of existential crisis. I wonder, why do people need to shop all the time? Why do all 16 year old girls look the same? Why do they have to unfold all those t-shirts I just meticulously arranged? Why am I here, what is my purpose on this earth? If my purpose here is to shop, just like all these people, then get rid of me because I don't need to be here.

Obviously, I am counting down the days until my life feels real again- I can't even be bothered to hide it. One week till Peterborough time!

I was again listening to CBC Radio 2's the Signal (10pm EST), and discovered yet another gem that I am unable to download anywhere: LEIF VOLLEBEKK. Montreal'er, musician of greatness, unsigned, addictive. Visit him at his myspace and have a listen. He takes stress away almost as well as a bout of hot yoga.

No comments: