Sunday, September 17, 2006

This Is The Last Night Of The Rest Of Your Life


Photograph courtesy The Lifetime Collective sans permission.

There is a sound I can hear from here, it's a sound like the wind blowing a million leaves and blades of grass and into buildings and across roads. I can hear the snow on the mountains half an hour from me, the moody Rocky Mountains, who became snow-covered and intimidating yesterday with the drop in temperature and rise in precipitation. Yesterday, after a lunch at the unbelievable Fairmont Banff Springs and the purchase of a new coat (see below) from Creme featuring the lifetime collective clothing line.

The Palms.

This is a million hours in the making, every moment I wish I'd had and everything in between. I can run for hours and hours and not get tired, listening to the Blood Brothers and getting anger out with every step. It's a cold night in Calgary, Alberta, and soon I'll be cozy in my bed. I'm just tired of thinking about life and am prepared to start living it. I'm the opposite of weepy and nostalgic this time. I'm ready again for public transportation, human interaction, being cold and watching people. Goodbye direction.

No comments: