Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Wrong At The Worst Of Times.

Emotional highs really are a curse. Perhaps I need the other kind of high, the kind that comes from breathing in and holding. Emotional highs make me think I'm really all right, that everything in my sphere is working seamlessly, and nothing will ever be wrong again.

I was wrong when I thought that.

This morning a For Sale sign went up on my lawn. It's a relief, it is, because it means that hopefully soon we will be able to make our plans for the move. But it's the end of an era. It's the end of my life here, although not completely so, because wherever there are things I love, I will be there in spirit. The things I love about Orangeville are many, and right now the thing I love the most is the breeze from the backyard, with it's Ontario lush-feeling, farmer's fields and the smell of hay on a bright and beautiful sunny day. I'll miss the trees here.

It is just one of those days. Stay tuned for more Ontario nostalgia, coming at you from Orangeville, Ontario.

And I leave for camp next week.

No comments: