Saturday, December 02, 2006

Fred Astaire

Last night, I discovered the Documentary section at Blockbuster. Before this, I had assumed that only tiny, independent movie stores had such sections, and that only tiny, independent movie stores could fulfill my inherent need for independent films, foreign films, and documentaries. I am both overjoyed and disappointed by this revelation.

I also discovered Twinings tea at Safeway, which basically means that I will be enjoying authentic Irish Breakfast and Earl Grey whenever I feel the need. On my to-do list is a visit to Oolong Tea House in Kensington to top up my stash of Market Spice black tea and take a long walk along the river.

On Tuesday night, the girls and I went downtown to see our manager perform with his band at the HiFi club. It was the coldest night of our cold wave, and your typical indie-rock scene: bottles of beer and tables lit by tea lights, tattoos and awesome hair among the 20-and-30-something sceners. The club itself had the perfect artistic touch, murals on the walls reminiscent of your favourite iPod commercial.

The mall I work at became instantly busier yesterday, it being December 1st. The collective consciousness became aware that yes, it is December, and yes, Christmas is imminent, and if you do not start your shopping now, death will come swiftly and painfully. I haven't started my shopping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Be happy, my friend.