Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Nothing Without Sacrifice


There is a cafe across the street from my new house, one that I can see from my attic bedroom's window. I can see the people inside, chatting and laughing and evidently enjoying their moments. Everything I need is a walk away, whether it's milk or a shoulder to cry on. I am starting to love my life here. Peterborough is more full of interesting shops and restaurants and cafes than ever before. It's become a catalyst for my new life, where I've met new and wonderful people, and where I finally feel that I've found my niche. All I need now is a job.

In the afternoons, I like to sit by the river with a coffee and ponder my fate, read a book, or just listen. I like being surrounded alone on the edge, where nothing can touch me and time doesn't pass. New music is constant. I love living on my own again, and having my own time and space; although at times there is too much of both. No one expects me to wake up at any particular time, because I am not expected anywhere. Of late, I have enjoyed random hang-out time with any variety of people from my past or new to me recently. A new way of living has touched me, turning me to gold like the hands of Midas. I feel as if the world has opened up to me, that there is so much I have yet to learn and feel, and I have only barely skimmed the surface.

My bed sits under the slanted roof of the house, which is at an appropriate attic angle, and is a cozy nook where I can dream freely. My bed creaks, the window has no screen, and the street I live on is often noisy, which I am beginning to get used to. The sun streams into my room in the afternoon, and there is often a wonderful breeze flowing through. For October, the weather is unreal and so, so welcome. Almost every day has been completely spectacular. I must get out with my camera before the leaves are gone and the sky has turned to slate. I am living so perfectly right now.

No comments: