Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Week That Was

What was that? A mess of days and nights, glasses and bottles, sounds and colours... Unlikely yet completely true. And everyday, it's changed since then, In every way, I've changed since then.. I think I miss the confusion and excitement, but understand that I can not function forever in that state, and, well... essentially, being in that state for too long would turn me into a dry husk, useless and empty.

It's funny how, in hindsight, events build to stack a situation a certain way. It could be within the space of a few years, with chance meetings and sightings and little bits of observational knowledge tucked away for future use. These chance meetings have been preceded by, in fact, years of preparation without any one person realizing it. Random acquaintances leading to random conversations leading to new revelations. These revelations are things I still can't quite decipher in my mind, and indeed, are now making me a little nervous. I fell into something that is now over, at least for the time being, and I'm kind of reeling, wondering what life would've been like if this had happened any earlier, if I had made different decisions, if I had followed a different path.

Instead of living in the week that was, I must now move ahead, although not too far into the future. I should not expect, nor desire, anything more to happen than it already has. That would be dangerous.

No comments: