Sunday, January 16, 2011

Manners



[[[these are what I dream about... (courtesy my friend Kirsty Eckhard)]]]

Well, here I go neglecting my blog again. Being on a computer all day at work insures that I don't have the urgency to get back on the computer once I get home, and days melt into weeks... either way, I promised myself I wouldn't be too hard on me about writing. Writing is supposed to be something I do when I feel the inclination and have the motivation, otherwise it's crap! Right? CRAP.

So anyways.

With that off my chest.. I have been feeling lighter these days. A conscious decision to make myself happier. Doing things I love. Using my senses as a tool, a connection to life. I long to feel the warm breeze on my face, to hear a nighttime's worth of rain dripping down the gutters and along the curb, to go for a long bike ride on a sunny afternoon. These are the things I dream about, but even reality isn't too bad- beautiful winter sunsets on the iciest of days, luxuriating in Friday evenings by myself, treating myself to just a few little things that bring me joy. A haircut. An afternoon at the mall with a friend, an afternoon with a book.

I hope this lightness lasts. It feels like hope. Hope for a better job, the sun to shine, for so many more memories.

Music of the week:
La Roux
Icona Pop
Passion Pit
The Phenomenal Handclap Band
(anything with a good beat and lyrics...)
(if I walk to work with this stuff on.. my whole day is better.)

[[[but this is what I got.]]]

No comments: