Monday, October 30, 2006

This, I Never Knew.





I'm back from Halifax. I had a fantastic time in an old, old city, nestled next to the stormy Atlantic. Sushi, drag queens, cruise ships, late night talks with heron birds on the waterfront, drives to Sydney and back. Our road race in Cape Breton was cancelled due to weather (Sunday morning), so we went for a run anyway and called it a day. We visited Eamonn in Antigonish, and I'll never shake the feeling that I went back in time about 20 or 30 years when I went to Nova Scotia.

We saw Marie Antoinette (bad, bad, bad), ate a vegan dinner, went for a few twilit runs in the park on the point (along that ocean again), drank wine, laughed, laughed, laughed. I have a new BFF, naturally. Or not so new, just newly.. confirmed. Dalhousie University is gorgeous.

I thought a lot on this trip. I had lots of time to think, as I had connections in Toronto and Montreal, and lots of idleness. I thought about us, about me, about my future, about my friends and future endeavours. I'm tired of thinking now. I would like to stop.

And I would like to be alone for a long, long time. Not completely alone, but I don't want to date anyone for a long while. I'm happy now. Happy. Alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) Yay for the happiness!

<3!

Nagain