Saturday, May 27, 2006

Back In Eastern Standard Time (DST)




The jet-lag is causing me insomnia, but boy oh boy is it nice to be back in rainy Ontario! I bet my tan is going to fade QUICKLY, quickly and wonderfully, until I am back to my pale, unhappy self. I called J, who according to his machine message would call me back as soon as possible because he's "sweet like that". J, you are totally not "sweet like that". I'm being honest here. Maybe you should consider that, too. Maybe you should be honest and just say "You've reached J! I've obviously missed your call, so I will call you back when I feel like it, be it 2 hours, 2 weeks, or hell, even 2 years, cause I'm sweet like that".

I guess he doesn't know I'll be leaving the country again in 3 weeks (for 2 months), or that I'm leaving the province for good at the end of the summer. I haven't mentioned those little niggles to him yet. I would rather not go through this again. I don't like being in limbo, it only makes me angry and violent and throw things until I get what I want, or what I need. And believe me, I have good aim. I'd like to see him. It is that simple. When I see him, I will be able to decipher my feelings, sort through them, and toss all the useless feelings into the garbage (where they belong!).

Otherwise, home is pretty good. Mum missed me, and Lionel misses me, and California cried the morning I left. Orangeville is still pretty lame (oh, suburbs. I hate that you define my existence), and we're putting our house up for sale in 2 weeks purely because Orangeville is lame. Oh, and did I mention that Orangeville is lame?

Tonight there was a spider in my room. Thank god for my cat Rosie (she who ensures I'll never be alone, or lonely, while she's with me) who likes to eat spiders like people eat candy. So the spider is now well-eaten and in Rosie's stomach, and I love her for it, lest a spider end up in my ear/hair/nose/esophagus tomorrow morning.

Rosie likes to flirt with a handsome black tomcat that comes around sometimes, until I tell her he's not good enough for her, and then she grudgingly gives up.

I love that cat.

No comments: