Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Lines Bleed.

Put my best foot forward, knees buckle and hurt. Now it's official, and I don't know how. I think I'm too small now- to look you in the eye. Walk a tightrope on my way home, keep looking over to fall over, and I know everything's my fault. Stay here until I'm finally caught, wait and see... Who will get here first? Why is everyone so rehearsed? Tell me why the only lines I like bleed, and I'll meet you at the bottom- along the coral reef. If you left on a Saturday, I swear I'll never forgive you. Don't leave me here. But if you leave on a Wednesday...
Put my best foot forward...

-Lines Bleed by Pony Up!

I only wish I knew what I wanted. I wish I knew what I could have. That sorrow fills me up again, and I can't remember why I breathe. I hang in limbo so I can forget to feel, pretending life is good without my heart (and even better, without you). I'd love to get away from my blue, J, but you never let me. Without even knowing, you've unpeeled me, and it scares me to death that you can see me from the inside out.

No comments: