Saturday, May 06, 2006

Blue & Orange.

I've been ripping holes in all my pairs of jeans. I've been dressing like I've been left on a desert island for weeks. I've been braiding my hair and decorating myself with warpaint. My mind has gone on vacation. I've been obesessed with the show LOST. I've watched 20 episodes in 5 days.

My week has been one of relaxation. The seemingly never-ending trauma week that was exams, funerals, moving, and retribution is OVER. I've been eating ice cream, doing laundry, assembling furniture, and making peace with myself and my circumstances. Even being in Orangeville isn't ruining me yet.

I haven't even begun to prepare for my trip to San Francisco- a place I'm hoping will continue to allow me to move on. I know it will never completely stop affecting me, I just hope I can stop dreaming about it. I leave Thursday morning. Will two weeks be enough? The last thing I want to admit is that all I want is to be with you. It's the truth, but you'd have to twist my arm and force-feed me foie gras before I'd ever tell you.

Yesterday I got my US work visa in the mail. As of June 15th, I will be a legal alien in the United States of America. Has a nice ring to it, no? It's still one of the most random things that has ever happened to me. Among a LOT of random things. Whatever- I can go with the flow.

The kettle still works, despite being thrown across the room and smashed by a frying pan. This means I can still have my daily Earl Grey. Hot, not cold.

And since this entry has been the most LiveJournal yet (barf), I'll add that this Tuesday is the season finale of Veronica Mars (my absolute favourite television show for those of you who aren't familiar) and I will probably have a heart attack while watching it. Just a head's up.

I am continually exhausted.

No comments: