Thursday, April 06, 2006

Grown Up.

This week, all my bills are paid up and the dishes are washed. Our utilities are cancelled for the end of the month, and there is no more rent to pay. Homework is done, essays are finished, and my next month is planned out. I ate horrible, stale Mr. Noodles this afternoon, and decided that I have finally done the Student Experience. I'm ready to go home for a while. I'm ready to have groceries provided for me and to have a dog to walk again. I'm ready for a real couch and a 27 inch TV. I'm ready for a water cooler and large glasses. I'm ready for material comforts and no more stress of bills, essays, or What Am I Going To Eat This Week? (starring peanut butter and frozen bread).

I am ready to move out. I am ready to pack my things and head back to where I came from.

But when all is said and done, I can't say I won't miss it here. I know I will. Living in this house has been the turning point in my life. I have gone from High School Student, to First Year University Student (living in residence), to Second Year University Student (living on her own!). I have cooked for myself, budgeted myself, done my own laundry, cleaned my own living room, scrubbed my own toilet. All of those things are what dreams are made of! Domestic bliss. Domestic, studenty bliss.

I have one and a half more assignments to do for the year. I have 4 exams, but basically have the next month off. The next 4 or 5 months off. And, depending on how my marks are this year, I may have the next year and a half off. Which is frightening, and really deserves it's own story.

Next up: Why I Might Fail University (This Year).

No comments: