Friday, April 07, 2006

Look Me In The Eye


They say dark moments only happen in dark times in life. Rarely. It is hard to be darkly optimistic, the two just don't happen frequently at the same time. Am I the only one who experiences dark moments even when things are going reasonably well? I'm sure I am not. I'm sure everyone has their fucked-up moments. I am having one of those right now. I am sitting at home alone, drinking gin and juice and feeling sorry for myself. It's Friday night, the week that classes are over, and everyone is partying. I am sitting at home doing laundry and writing a blog. This is a dark moment- I am thinking, and I am not being normal. I enjoy partying. I am not often anti-social. And reader, I apologize if my entry goes downhill. I am getting more tipsy by the second.

I am listening to Tegan & Sara. Getting emo. Thinking too much. Thinking about everything I've lost, everything I've ever wanted. Everything I have.

And I just broke a glass. I should stop writing. I think my roommate, who had just been at a kegger, was less drunk than me.

Who'd have thunk?

I hate the word thunk.

No comments: